Monday, 3 April 2017

Animal Themes

It`s been awhile since I blogged our activities.  We had such a mild winter here in Southern Ontario and I enjoyed every minute of it.  The children did miss their snow play, but I didn`t miss the bitter cold that we usually have in February!  We explored animal themes - Pets, Farm, and Zoo during the month.

Pets

My crew is REALLY into puppets at the moment so we made cat and dog puppets.  We read the story of The Big Meow by Elizabeth Spires and the children used the puppets to retell the story.  They drew a picture of their favourite pet and fingerpainted mud on Harry the Dirty Dog.

For more ideas, see my February 2013 Pet Week activities.

Farm Animals

The children really enjoyed our unit on farm animals.

We made construction paper pig faces.


We made these adorable felt money purse piggy banks.



And created handprint sheep by stamping handprints onto paper and then adding stuffing for wool and a small googly eye.



For more ideas, see my March 2013 Farm activities.


Zoo Animals

We completed our animal unit with zoo animals.

I found this adorable giraffe craft on the net.  We rolled yellow bristle board into a cone then cut the bottom even so the giraffe would stand.  The children glued on brown spots then we stapled a face to the cone.



I used this colouring page to create the heads.

We dipped string into black paint and created tiger stripes on orange paper.


Use these templates to create your own zoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment