Friday, 11 November 2016

Scarecrows

We had so much fun with our scarecrow unit!

The children made paper bag scarecrows by stuffing lunch bags with newspaper and cutting strips of paper for the hair.  We added googly eyes, a triangle nose and a hat.  They drew on a smile with marker to complete the cuteness!



We drew scarecrow pictures.



Our favourite song of the week was Dingle Dangle Scarecrow.

When all the cows were sleeping
and the sun had gone to bed,
Up jumped the scarecrow
and this is what he said,

“I’m a dingle dangle scarecrow
with a flippy floppy hat,
I can shake my hands like this
I can shake my feet like that.”

When all the hens were roosting
and the moon behind the cloud
Up jumped the scarecrow
and shouted very loud,

“I’m a dingle dangle scarecrow
with a flippy floppy hat,
I can shake my hands like this
I can shake my feet like that.”

When the dogs were in the kennel
and the doves were in the loft
Up jumped the scarecrow
and whispered very soft,

“I’m a dingle dangle scarecrow
with a flippy floppy hat,
I can shake my hands like this
I can shake my feet like that.”

“I’m a dingle dangle scarecrow
with a flippy floppy hat,
I can shake my hands like this
I can shake my feet like that.”

Check out my posts from September 2012 for more scarecrow fun and free printables.

No comments:

Post a Comment