Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Music and Movement

The past two weeks we have been enjoying a music and movement theme.  Sorry for the lack of pictures, but the children were so excited about their instruments, they were out the door before I was able to snap some!

We made guitars from shoe boxes from Mini Eco.  This was the first time that I used brads instead of just wrapping the elastic around the box and I liked it much better!

We made paper plate tambourines with jingle bells from First Palette.

The highlight of our theme was definitely making paper maché maracas!







We played a guessing game where I played an instrument they could not see and the children had to guess which instrument it was.  We used instruments during circle time throughout the week.

I Am A Fine Musician

I am a fine musician
I practice every day
People come from miles around
Just to hear me play
The drum, the drum,
I love to play the drum
Boom,, boom, boom
Boom, boom, boom
Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom.

I am a fine musician
I practice every day
People come from miles around
Just to hear me play
The piano, the piano
I love to play the piano
Plink plink plink
Plink plink plink
Plink, plink, plink, plink, plink.

Continue with other instruments.  I also handed out instruments and instead of 'singing' the sounds, the child with that instrument played it at the appropriate place in the song.

I added items to small containers and the children had to shake them to match the sounds.


1 comment:

  1. Aren't those so much fun. My goodness flashback we made those about five years a go. never gets old. Thanks for sharing your pics.

    ReplyDelete