Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Apple Time

We kicked off the fall season with an apple unit.  The children enjoyed juicy apples for snack and applesauce for dessert.  We sang songs about apples and read apple books.  My SK children will also be creating a lapbook a month and what better way to start off this new activity than with apples.  I found the file folders at my local Dollarama... $2 for a package of 12! 








We made apple trees - the children cut out the trunk from brown construction paper and leaves from lighter coloured green construction paper.  They added pom pom apples to their trees.


We also made paper plate apples.  The older children cut a white circle and added fingerprint seeds to create a half apple.




It seems everyone is tightening their belts just a little more these days.  I've always been a little cheap when it comes to the use of my coloured ink and there are a lot of wonderful games out there that I don't print because they are so colour intensive.  I've decided to create games that are even more cost effective to use so hoping this fills a need for others also looking for educational games that don't use a lot of ink to print.  Feedback on this would be much appreciated. 

 
 



Check out my site and my blog entries from September 2012 for more apple activities.






No comments:

Post a Comment