Friday, 26 April 2013

Up, Up, And Away

This week we enjoyed learning about air transportation.  I found these super cute tube planes to make on Pinterest.



We also made paper airplanes, whirly bird helicopters, and hot air balloons.  There are so many neat ways to make hot air balloons and in the past I've made the paper mach√© balloon with a yogurt or dixie cup basket or used a real balloon and attached a basket with wool.  This year, I wanted to do something different and came up with the children weaving the bottom basket and decorating their balloon to create a cut and paste picture.  They did a great job!


Some songs we enjoyed this week are...


The Airplane Song

Oh, we are flying in an airplane,
Looking out the window,
Watching the clouds go by.
Flying in an airplane,
Looking out the window,
Up so very high.

Looking out the window, we can see the wings.
Down below, we see other things.
Like little tiny buildings and cars so small.
It makes me feel like I'm really tall.

Oh, we are flying in an airplane,
Looking out the window,
Watching the clouds go by.
Flying in an airplane,
Looking out the window,
Up so very high.

Pretending I'm a pilot is a lot of fun.
I think when I grow up, I really might be one.
But for now I'm just enjoying being in this plane,
Safe from the snow, and from the rain.

Oh, we are flying in an airplane,
Looking out the window,
Watching the clouds go by.
Flying in an airplane,
Looking out the window,
Up so very high.

Yes, we are flying in an airplane,
Looking out the window,
Watching the clouds go by.
Flying in an airplane,
Looking out the window,
Up so very high.

You can watch The Airplane Song on You Tube.

It is also featured in the Barney episode Up We Go.

Up, Up, And Away

Would you like to ride
In my beautiful balloon ?
Would you like to glide
In my beautiful balloon ?
We could flow among the stars
Together you and I
For we can fly
For we can fly

Up and away
In my beautiful
My beautiful balloon

The world's a nicer place
In my beautiful balloon
It wears a nicer face
In my beautiful balloon
We can sing a song
And sail along the silver sky
For we can fly
For we can fly

Up and away
In my beautiful
My beautiful balloon.


I created this game for children to review their hour and half hour times on digital and analog clocks.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment