Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Going For A Ride

We have now started our unit on transportation.  This week we are studying different types of land/road transportation.  Today the children dipped cars in black paint and painted tire tracks on paper.  Good thing they don't have licenses yet... those cars went every which way ;)!

I found this super cute Cars template.  I thought about creating a Cars stuffie instead of the change purse, but we used construction paper instead to build our cars.



I printed this 3D school bus template for the children to colour and build.

Some songs we have been enjoying this week include...

My Bicycle

I have a little bicycle
I ride it to and fro
And when I see the big green light
I know it's time to go.
I have a little bicycle
I bought it at the shop
And when I see the big red light
I know it's time to stop!

I'm A Little Piece of Tin

I'm a little piece of tin
Nobody knows where I have been
I've got 4 wheels and a running board
I'm a Ford, oh I'm a Ford
Honk, Honk, rattle, rattle, crash, beep, beep,
Honk, honk, rattle, rattle, crash, beep, beep.

At The Traffic Light 

There's a yellow car
I can see
Just a rolly, rolly, rolly, rolling down the street
And it rolls so fast
And it rolls so sweet
Just a rolly, rolly, rolly, rolling down the street.

Well I looked to my left and I looked to my right
There's a fire truck at the traffic light.

There's a fire truck
I can see
Just a rolly, rolly, rolly, rolling down the street
And it rolls so fast
And it rolls so sweet
Just a rolly, rolly, rolly, rolling down the street.

Well I looked to my left and I looked to my right
There's a motorcycle at the traffic light.

There's a motorcycle
I can see
Just a rolly, rolly, rolly, rolling down the street
And it rolls so fast
And it rolls so sweet
Just a rolly, rolly, rolly, rolling down the street.

Continue with other vehicles that the children come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment