Thursday, 6 December 2012

How Does It Taste?

We ended our 5 senses unit with the yummiest one of all - TASTE!  This week we have been exploring different tastes.  We did a blind taste test with various tasting foods - sweet, salty, and sour.  We discussed ways to describe food... delicious, yummy, yucky, sour, sweet, salty, scrumptious, crunchy, sticky, etc.  We also discussed recipes and made a few goodies as well as reviewed measuring. 

For craft, we had fun vegetable stamping by dipping vegetables in paint and stamping them onto paper.  A huge hit was magic milk painting!



Here are some songs we enjoyed at circle time...

5 Little Hot Dogs

5 little hot dogs in a pan
The pan got hot and one went 'bang'
Took it out and put it in a bun
Think I'll have another one.
4 ... 3.... 2....
1 little hot dog in a pan
The pan got hot and one went 'bang'
Took it out and put it in a bun
Now I think that I am done.

Apples and Bananas

I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas
I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas

I like to ate, ate, ate ay-ples and ba-nay-nays
I like to ate, ate, ate ay-ples and ba-nay-nays

I like to eat, eat, eat ee-ples and bee-nee-nees
I like to eat, eat, eat ee-ples and bee-nee-nees

I like to ite, ite, ite i-ples and bi-ni-nis
I like to ite, ite, ite i-ples and bi-ni-nis

I like to ote, ote, ote oh-ples and bo-no-nos
I like to ote, ote, ote oh-ples and bo-no-nos

I like to ute ute ute upples and bu-nu-nus
I like to ute ute ute upples and bu-nu-nus

We have had so much fun with this unit... I am so glad we did it over 5 weeks so that we could thoroughly explore each of the five senses!

No comments:

Post a Comment