Thursday, 22 November 2012

Something Smells

Last week we had fun exploring our 'sense of smell'.  The children really enjoyed painting scented pictures (sorry I forgot to take pictures!)... I added pepperment extract to green paint and vanilla extract to white paint.  Everyone (but me) liked the vanilla scent better.  It was especially fun for my youngest two as it was their first time painting with brushes... the giggles were priceless!

Here are some songs we enjoyed at circle time...

On My Face I Have A Nose (Sung To: "Old MacDonald Had a Farm")

On my face I have a nose;
I Use it all the time.
When I sniff it I can tell
Vinegar from lime.
With a sniff, sniff here,
And a sniff, sniff there,
Here a sniff, there a sniff,
Everywhere a sniff, sniff.
On my face I have a nose;
Use it all the time!

I Stuck My Head In A Little Skunk's Hole

Well I stuck my head in a little skunk's hole
The little skunk said, "Well bless my soul.
Take it out, take it out, take it out... remove it!"
Well I didn't take it out and the little skunk said,
"You'd better take it out or you'll wish you had.
Take it out, take it out, take it out - (PEEEE-YOUUUUU)... I removed it!"

We identified items of food using our sense of smell while playing...

 

I also have a card version of the game on my website.  If you click on Themes and then Five Senses, you will find more activities and links to printouts available on my site.  I also have an emergent reader 'I Can Smell' available to download and print.  All of my printables are easily accessed by clicking on the Free Printables button. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment