Thursday, 11 October 2012

Scarecrow Fun

We are enjoying our scarecrow unit SO much!  Here are some of the activities we have had fun with this week.


I’m A Little Scarecrow (Sung to: "I'm A Little Teapot")
I’m a little scarecrow
Stuffed with hay
Here I stand in a field all day.
When I see the crows,
I like to shout,
"Hey! You crows, you better get out!"



Scarecrow Chant 

Scarecrow, scarecrow
How scary can you be?
You scared away the crows
But you can't scare me!
No, you can't scare me!


Two Little Black Birds
Two little blackbirds
sitting on a wall
One named Peter
And one named Paul
Fly away Peter
Fly away Paul
Come back Peter
Come back Paul
Fly away, fly away
Fly away all.


We made these cute little scarecrow heads that I found on the Easy Child Crafts website.  We stuffed the bags with scrunched up newspaper and I traced the kids' hands for the hay under the hat.  You can get the pattern for the face and hat here.

  


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment