Thursday, 20 September 2012

Apple Counting

I created this counting mat for children to practice counting and recognizing numerals to ten.  It's a great activity to go with the song Ten Red Apples.  Enjoy!

 

Ten Red Apples


10 red apples growing  on a tree
Farmer Brown  picked an apple
And gave it all to me
Leaving 9 red apples growing on a tree.

9 red apples growing on a tree
Farmer Brown picked an apple
And gave it all to me
Leaving 8 red apples growing on a tree.

8 red apples growing on a tree
Farmer Brown picked an apple
And gave it all to me
Leaving 7 red apples growing on a tree.
7 red apples growing on a tree
Farmer Brown picked an apple
And gave it all to me
Leaving 6 red apples growing on a tree.

 
6 red apples growing on a tree
Farmer Brown picked an apple
And gave it all to me
Leaving 5 red apples growing on a tree.
 
5 red apples growing on a tree
Farmer Brown picked an apple
And gave it all to me
Leaving 4 red apples growing on a tree.
 
4 red apples growing on a tree
Farmer Brown picked an apple
And gave it all to me
Leaving 3 red apples growing on a tree.
 
3 red apples growing on a tree
Farmer Brown picked an apple
And gave it all to me
Leaving 2 red apples growing on a tree.
 
2 red apples growing on a tree
Farmer Brown picked an apple
And gave it all to me
Leaving 1 red apple growing on a tree.
 
1 red apple growing on a tree
Farmer Brown picked an apple
And gave it all to me
Leaving no red apples growing on a tree.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely way of teaching basic subtraction, Ruth. Hugs. Philo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Philo!
    My group loves this song :)

    ReplyDelete