Thursday, 3 May 2012

Mother's Day Gifts

Hard to believe that Mother's Day is only one more weekend away!  I love making Mother's Day gifts with my crew... they get so excited wrapping up their present and giving it to Mom for her special day.  I wish I had taken pictures of gifts from the very beginning, but just started doing that a couple of years ago.

Last year we made Scoops full of Kisses.  I had the children draw a picture inside their card and then we framed their kisses for the front.  They turned out so cute!

I purchased the scoops at Dollarama and a big bag of Hershey's Kisses at Walmart. 



A scoop full of love
And a couple of wishes
That you enjoy
Your Mother's Day kisses!

One of my all time favourite gifts were Cookies in a Jar with Cookie Monster cards. The outside of the card said... Happy Mother's Day  and the inside said... From Your Little Cookie Monster. How cute are they!  The jar was purchased at Dollarama and we layered the dry ingredients for my famous Fudgy Chocolate Chip cookies.  The baggie on the side is a sample of the cookies... one for each member of the family... a tease to entice them to make the whole batch!


This year we are making Mother's Day books - My Mom - and photo bookmarks to go with the books.  There are a lot of Mom and Me books out there, but I wanted something a little different than what I could find so made up my own.  Click the link to snag your own copy :).

Mom and Me Mother's Day Book - colour spelling




 

6 comments:

  1. Love this booklet! Thank you Ruth.
    Will you also be posting with the word "color"?
    Thank you for all of your wonderful shares!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - I just added the book with the alternative spelling.

      Delete
  2. You ROck!As usual! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lisa - you're welcome!

      Delete
  3. Love these ideas! Thanks, Ruth for sharing your talent with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Teena - hope you can use some of them!

      Delete