Monday, 19 March 2012

Charlie Needs A Cloak

Our current author unit has been featuring the works of Tomie dePaola.  I thought Charlie Needs A Cloak would be the perfect book for us to plan activities around before starting Easter next week.  The story is so cute and, in true Tomie style, the illustrations are adorable!

I found this great site for how to make a loom for weaving and pinned it on Pinterest.  The loom was super easy to make.  I did find it easier to just move the wool up by holding the bottom strings and sliding it up rather than using the stick.  We also did not use the popsicle stick for the bottom as the card bends with the pull of the wool creating a nice gap making it easy for the children to move the wool over and under. 


Another tip, I had to tape the wool to the popsicle stick being used to move the wool through the loom. I also purchased rainbow wool rather than changing colours.



Here is our little Molly doll covered with one of the blankets. 


I found these adorable fingerpuppets on the net... isn't the lamb too cute!

You can also watch an animated version of the story on you tube.

Here is a really cute lamb headband to make with the kids.

I'm looking forward to exploring sheep and this book with the children all week!




No comments:

Post a Comment