OMG>>> these cookies are sooooooooooo good... you just have to try them. Warning though - hide some away for yourself cause they won't last long on the plate! The recipe makes about 3 dozen.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used Chipits milk chocolate chips... YUM!)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (not a big fan of nuts in my cookies so I omitted these)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned. (Mine took 12 - 14 minutes to cook... just keep an eye on them and as soon as the edges start to brown, remove from oven to cool)